Food and Nutrition Services Participants Can Now Use Benefits At Authorized Online EBT Retailers
May 6, 2020
Starting today, North Carolina Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) participants will be able to purchase groceries online using their Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards at authorized online EBT retailers. North Carolina is the 10th state to implement this flexibility, which will remain permanently in place beyond the COVID-19 emergency.
The new flexibility will allow participants to buy food while also promoting social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and helping families with transportation and mobility barriers.
Currently, Amazon and Walmart are the only authorized retailers approved for online FNS purchases nationally. The U.S. Department of Agriculture must approve other retailers who wish to participate in the FNS online purchasing program. NCDHHS encourages other EBT retailers to pursue USDA approval to become authorized online retailers.
More information about North Carolina Food and Nutrition Services can be found at https://www.ncdhhs.gov/assistance/low-income-services/food-nutrition-services-food-stamps.
North Carolina individuals and families can apply for FNS at https://www.ncdhhs.gov/assistance/low-income-services/food-nutrition-services-food-stamps
- Main Number-Economic Services: (910) 455-4145
- Main Number-Human Services: (910) 989-0230
- Child or Adult/Elder Abuse Reporting: During business hours (910) 219-1955, after hours call (910) 455-3113. Do not send abuse referrals through email or this website.
- Child Support: (910) 938-3563, 430 Dolphin Dr Suite 100, Jacksonville, NC 28546
- Fraud Reporting: (910) 219-1830
- Low Income Energy Assistance and Low Income Water Assistant Information: (910) 219-4945 or (910) 219-4887
- Medicaid Transportation: (910) 219-4920 or (910) 219-4904
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Email DSS Questions and we will try to get you the answers you need.
Consolidated Humans Services (CHS) hours of operation are: Mondays and Fridays 8am-5pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7am-5pm, and Wednesdays 7am-2pm.
DSS is assisting clients at the East Entrance of CHS and will allow a limited number of clients into the lobby as needed.
All clients entering CHS are required to wear a mask.
To make an appointment at the Health Department, call 910-347-2154, then pick option 2.
Have questions about COVID-19? Call the Onslow County citizen’s phone bank at 910-989-5027 between 8:00am and 6:30pm.
For more information about available resources, follow the Onslow County Government’s Facebook feed.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Response Information Page.
www.coronacommunity.org can help link those who need help with volunteers.
- Anthony, Nataki, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1885
- Bailey, Kim, Social Work Program Manager 910-219-1852
- Brown, Terrica, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1816
- DiRoma, Sarah, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4923
- Douglas, Cindi, Income Maintenance Program Manager 910-219-4866
- Fenner, Nachelle, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1912
- Green, Anita, Permanency Planning Supervisor 910-219-1804
- Heinzman, John, Foster Home Licensing Supervisor 910-219-1956
- Henry, Zenobia, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1877
- Hoffman, Kim, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4820
- Jackson, Loretta, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4911
- Johnson, Tamika, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1880
- Jones, Jennifer, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1812
- Jones, Rachel, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4810
- Leach, Tondrea, Program Manager-PEERS 910-333-9725
- Nobles, Angela, Intake Supervisor 910-219-1808
- Parker, Kathy, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1848
- Patterson, Elizabeth, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1822
- Pierre, Dichelot, Permanency Planning Supervisor 910-219-1914
- Raines, Trumanda Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1924
- Robles, Angie, Program Manager-Youth Services 910-455-1202
- Sanders, Kari Director 910-219-1841
- Sholar, Kimberli Income Maintenance Program Manager 910-219-4902
- Thigpen, Susan, Deputy Director 910-219-1929
- Winston, Kim, Permanency Planning Program Manager 910-219-1854 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>