Board of Elections
Voters will not be required to show photo ID for the
March 3, 2020, primary election.
- In a December 31 order, a federal district court blocked North Carolina’s voter photo ID requirement from taking effect. The injunction will remain in place until further order of the court.
March 2020 Primary Quick Links
To view the candidates who will be participating in the March 2020 Primary Election on March 3, 2020.
Poll Worker SOSA/One-Stop Training Guide
Poll Worker OVRD/Election Day Training Guide
Registered Voter Counts update each Monday morning.
|Registered Voters as of January 21, 2020|
The Board of Elections provides free, open, honest and professionally managed election services to our community. This office has the responsibility of protecting the will of the people, protecting democracy and establishing fairness and equity for all in the process of self governance.
Members Board members are sworn in every odd year. They serve two year terms. There are always five members, with no more than three being from the same party. The party chairs nominate persons to serve on the board, and then the State Board of Elections appoints the members. The five board members vote between themselves who will be Chairman and Secretary.
- Jason Dedmond, Director
- Mike Morgan, Chairman
- Glenn Spradling, Secretary
- Kevin Buffell, Board Member
- Stephanie Moser, Board Member
- Marcia Wright, Board Member