Get Involved

Leave A Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns or praise you would like to provide? Please complete the Citizen Contact Form and help make Onslow County a better community.

Boards & Commissions

Are you interested in volunteering and serving your county? If you are an Onslow County resident at least 18 years of age, registered to vote and willing to volunteer your time and expertise to your community, the Onslow County Board of Commissioners invites you to consider serving on a County Board or Commission. The Onslow County Boards are:

  • Airport Advisory Commission
  • Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
  • Animal Services Advisory Committee
  • Coastal Carolina Community College Board of Trustees
  • Community Child Protection/Child Fatality Review
  • Consolidated Human Services Advisory Committee
  • Dangerous Dogs Appeals Board
  • Eastern Carolina Work Force Development Board
  • Equalization and Review Board
  • Fire Commission
  • Jacksonville-Onslow Sports Commission, Inc.
  • Jury Commission
  • Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
  • Library Board of Trustees
  • Motor Vehicle Valuation Review Board
  • Museum Advisory Board
  • Nursing Home/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
  • Onslow Civic Affairs Committee
  • Onslow Memorial Hospital Authority
  • Onslow Zoning Board of Adjustment
  • Onslow County Planning Board
  • Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
  • Holly Ridge Planning Board/Board of Adjustment (ETJ Rep)
  • Jacksonville Planning Board (ETJ Rep)
  • Jacksonville Zoning Board of Adjustment (ETJ Rep)
  • Richlands Planning Board (ETJ Rep)
  • Richlands Zoning Board of Adjustment (ETJ Rep)
  • Swansboro Planning Board (ETJ Rep)
  • Swansboro Zoning Board of Adjustment (ETJ Rep)

Volunteer to be a Member

Appointees to Onslow County Boards and Commissioners are required to complete the Citizen Participation Form (PDF) and be registered voters in Onslow County. (Exception: active duty military.)

The Board of Commissioners makes appointments to County Boards/Commissions and some other county-affiliated boards.