Code of Ethics
The staff of the Purchasing Department is committed to the following Code of Ethics:
- To conduct all purchasing activities according to applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies of Onslow County and the State of North Carolina.
- To uphold the practices and principals of the professional purchaser.
- To conduct all purchasing activities in such a manner as to develop and maintain good public, vendor and internal relationships.
- To encourage fair and open competition by legitimate and ethical means.
- To extend honest, courteous and impartial treatment to all interested and qualified suppliers.
- To maintain purchasing integrity at all times, keep free from any personal obligations to vendors, and respect their confidence.
- To promote the goodwill of the Purchasing Department at all times.
- To respect purchasing authority at all times, and not use it for private advantage or gain.