Overweight /Obesity InformationTo feel satisfied with fewer calories, replace high-calorie foods with lower calorie foods. You can eat larger portions of these foods for fewer calories. For example, follow the advice to "make half your plate fruits and vegetables."
Eating on a Budget
Sample 2-Week Menus
What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl-Recipes!
(CHA) Community Health Assessments • 2012 CHA (REVISED)
SOTCH (State of the County Health Reports) • 2013 • 2014
2015 Resource Guide
Food Resources in Onslow County
Hispanic Resources in Onslow CountyMap of places to: Ride bikes, walk, run, swim & kayak in Onslow County
Community Health Assessment Full Report 2013 Community Health Action Plan, Tobacco Community Health Action Plan, Overweight/Obesity Community Health Assessment Executive Summary 2012 (revised)Community Health Assessment Full Report 2012
If you are interested in participating in the Community Health Assessment, please complete the Volunteer Form.
Door-to-Door Survey Questions
• OCHD 2015 Resource Guide (Updated 9.23.15)
• Health Department Overview of Services
• 2014 Community Survey Results
• Information from the North Carolina Department of Public Health
• Dental Services
• Onslow County Medicaid Dental Directory
• Resource Inventory
• Prescription Assistance Family Wize - United Way Cards
• Overweight and Obesity Among Adults in NC Fact Sheet June 2015
• Colleges/Universities offering Public Health degrees