Get vaccinated to protectyourself & family!
Community Health Assessment (English)Community Health Assessment (Spanish)
Adult Vaccine Schedule (English)Adult Vaccine Schedule (Spanish)
OCHD Immunization will not be givingTB/PPD tests Wed (Sept 23) and Thurs (Sept 24).The Immunization clinic willbe CLOSED Friday, Sept 25th. We apologize for any inconvenience, as this is our Annual Staff Training Day.
The Onslow County Health Department invites input from citizens regarding the services of the department, hours of operation and questions and comments regarding public health issues.
Health Department Comment Form
Hours of OperationMonday thru Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMSaturday, Sunday & Holidays - Closed
Accredited by the North Carolina Local HealthDepartment AccreditationBoard 2014 Angela Lee Health Director
It is the mission and purpose of Onslow County Health Department, Consolidated Human Services, to deliver supportive social, economic, protective and health services that build better lives for individuals and families.
The Onslow County Health Department is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, or disability status.
To schedule an appointmentplease call:910-347-2154 option #2
• Sliding Fee Scale, 2014-2015 • Dental Services Referrals
• Demographics change request • Assignment of Medical Insurance Benefits• Patient Registration Form• Fast Track Immunization Form • International Travel Clinic Patient Questionnaire• Travel Clinic Services Flyer• Privacy Notice (English) • Privacy Notice (Spanish) • Notice of Privacy Practices Tri-fold • Release of Information Authorization • Minor Consent Law--English and Spanish
• WIC Applications Accepted on Weekdays• Caution Urged to Avoid Seasonal, Insect-Borne Diseases July 2015• Heat Wave to Continue• Rabid Fox Confirmed in Onslow County• Storm Readiness:Hurricane preparation tips for Eastern North Carolina June 2015• Celebrate National Nutrition month in your food choices March 2015• Nurses train for Ebola cases• Providers asked to watch for Ebola symptoms • Caution urged as enterovirus hits in NC• Onslow leads NC in teen pregnancies• Celebrate Immunization• More Mosquitoes• Health fair highlight benefits of breastfeeding• Onslow County Health accredited• Children, elderly, disabled at risk in heat and humidity• Education, income linked to obesity susceptibility• WIC Program start using new system• Healthy Choices Matter Conference July 2014• Onslow County Health Department Earns Accreditation June 2014• A safe summer begins with sun safety June 2014• WIC helps families develop healthier habits for life. May 2014• Report shows Onslow County is Becoming Healthier• Antibiotic Crisis- Fighting Sexually Transmitted "Superbugs" • Awareness of flu complications can speed recovery• Resolutions December 2013 • Better eating habits for a healthier tomorrow• Tis the season for Norovirus• Report look at County Health efforts• Tackle Tobacco November 2013 • Health Department Value October 2013• WIC Resumes Issuing Vouchers, October 2013• WIC Community Involvement, October 2013• WIC Changes, October 2013• Childhood obesity rises locally, spurs action• Onslow Health Department Investigates Case of Legionnaires’ Disease • World Rabies Day--Protect Your Pets• NC Teen Smoking Rate Reaches Historic Low • Health Department Warns Whooping Cough Cases Are on the Rise
• OCHD 2015 Resource Guide (Updated 9.23.15)
• Health Department Overview of Services
• 2014 Community Survey Results
• Information from the North Carolina Department of Public Health
• Dental Services
• Onslow County Medicaid Dental Directory
• Resource Inventory
• Prescription Assistance Family Wize - United Way Cards
• Overweight and Obesity Among Adults in NC Fact Sheet June 2015
• Colleges/Universities offering Public Health degrees
• Jacksonville Transit, Purple and Green Lines • Onslow United Transit System (OUTS)
Please complete the appropriate volunteer form (volunteer or student, as applicable), confidentiality agreement, and background check release and send these to Pam Brown by email, fax, or mail:
612 College St., Jacksonville, NC 28540
Student Volunteer Application
Background Check Release Form