Summer Reading Program 2020
Read – Log – Earn Badges!
Are you ready to "Imagine Your Story" with a summer filled with reading, challenges, prizes and new discoveries?
Register your whole family on BookPoints!
Due to COVID-19, OCPL will be holding all Summer Reading programs online this year. Be sure to follow our Facebook Page to be notified when our videos go live!
Check out the events tab on the BookPoints website for a complete listing of our upcoming event schedule.
Youth Summer Reading Program 2020:
Join us online for storytime, school-age, and teen programs throughout the week!
TUESDAYS - FAMILY STORYTIME
We’ll host storytime fun for children under five complete with activities and crafts you can do at home!
WEDNESDAYS - K-5 PROGRAMS
Jump on each week for exploration through books, activities, art and STEM as we imagine our own stories and new ones!
THURSDAYS - 6-12 PROGRAMS
Each week, teens will be able to explore community projects, gain service hours, crafting, and more all from home!
FRIDAYS – WILDCARD
Log on for wildcard programs including book talks, crafts, and science extravaganza.
Adult Summer Reading Program 2020:
Each Monday tune in on our Facebook Page to learn, discover, connect, and explore this summer with the Library!
Participate in our Adult Summer Reading Program online by registering on BookPoints
Learn to use BookPoints to track the books you read, book reviews you write, and virtual challenges you participate in to earn digital badges.
Discover how to win prizes.
Connect with our virtual offerings including virtual events, online classes, posts, and videos.
Explore our online databases to learn a new language, enhance your career skills, discover new books, and more!
Summer Reading Prizes:
After earning 5 reading badges, children will be awarded a “Free Book Badge” once you are awarded this badge come into the library to pick out your free book.
Weekly prize drawings for all ages! The more you read the more you can win!
As you log your reading minutes (books for adults) you will earn entries into our weekly prize drawings.
Prizes will be drawn each Friday starting June 19th. Winners will be notified by email and/or phone and prizes will be available to pick up at their respective branches.
Teens and adults will be entered into a Grand Prize drawing for a Kindle Fire.
- When creating a BookPoints account, you only need to create one account for the whole family.
- Create your family account and then add each adult and/or child reader in your family.
- If your child’s school is not available, you may type other or none.
- If you prefer a printable log, feel free to print this log for your child to fill out. Once full, simply log into the BookPoints site and officially log their reading.
- Create a shortcut on your home screen by going to the share icon or options button in your browser app.
- When logging minutes, you can track the week and do it all at once, or individually if you want to be more specific (i.e. bedtime storytime - 180 minutes)
- You DO NOT have to put in book details---just minutes will do unless you want to track.
- Collect badges. The more you read the more you get!
- We will pull prizes every Friday. So be sure to listen to your phone for a message or check your email!
- Need help finding some reading material? Check out the recommended reading lists available at the bottom of the linked page.