Onslow County DSS has recently been notified by NCDHHS that a batch of EBT cards were recently produced with unreadable magnetic strips which may cause card error! EBT Transactions may be successfully submitted by keying in the card number manually. Cards are in the process of being replaced. All replacement cards should be mailed out today, November 20, 2020.
- Impacted cardholders' existing card will remain active for manually keyed transactions
- The cardholders' current mailing address as of 11/18/2020 will be used
- Replaced cards will have a 30-day expiration date (12/19/2020) placed on them to allow time for the new card to arrive
- After expiration or once a transaction is completed on the new replacement card, the defective card will automatically be deactivated
- Cardholders will not be double charged for replacement cards
- P-EBT Cards were NOT impacted
- A message has been sent to stores to encourage merchants to manually key in card numbers for the next 30 days if they receive a magnetic stripe error
Information and Updates Regarding Benefits
- CIP Outreach Flyer
- Conbined flyer with program description SPANISH (002)
- County Flyer for Applying for Services SPANISH (002)
- COVID-19 RentersEvictionResources Flyer_EN
- COVID-19 RentersEvictionResources Flyer_SP
- Unemployment is Taxable
Food and Nutrition Services Participants Can Now Use Benefits At Authorized Online EBT Retailers
May 6, 2020
Starting today, North Carolina Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) participants will be able to purchase groceries online using their Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards at authorized online EBT retailers. North Carolina is the 10th state to implement this flexibility, which will remain permanently in place beyond the COVID-19 emergency.
The new flexibility will allow participants to buy food while also promoting social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and helping families with transportation and mobility barriers.
Currently, Amazon and Walmart are the only authorized retailers approved for online FNS purchases nationally. The U.S. Department of Agriculture must approve other retailers who wish to participate in the FNS online purchasing program. NCDHHS encourages other EBT retailers to pursue USDA approval to become authorized online retailers.
More information about North Carolina Food and Nutrition Services can be found at https://www.ncdhhs.gov/assistance/low-income-services/food-nutrition-services-food-stamps.
North Carolina individuals and families can apply for FNS at https://www.ncdhhs.gov/assistance/low-income-services/food-nutrition-services-food-stamps
- Main Number-Economic Services: (910) 455-4145
- Main Number-Human Services: (910) 989-0230
- Child or Adult/Elder Abuse Reporting: During business hours (910) 219-1955, after hours call (910) 455-3113. Do not send abuse referrals through email or this website.
- Child Support: (910) 938-3563, 430 Dolphin Dr Suite 100, Jacksonville, NC 28546
- Fraud Reporting: (910) 219-1830
- Low Income Energy Assistance Information: (910) 219-4945 or (910)219-4887
- Medicaid Transportation: (910) 219-4920 or (910) 219-4904
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Email DSS Questions and we will try to get you the answers you need.
Consolidated Humans Services (CHS) hours of operation are: Mondays and Fridays 8am-5pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7am-5pm, and Wednesdays 7am-2pm.
DSS is assisting clients at the East Entrance of CHS and will allow a limited number of clients into the lobby as needed.
All clients entering CHS are required to wear a mask.
To make an appointment at the Health Department, call 910-347-2154, then pick option 2.
Have questions about COVID-19? Call the Onslow County citizen’s phone bank at 910-989-5027 between 8:00am and 6:30pm.
For more information about available resources, follow the Onslow County Government’s Facebook feed.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Response Information Page.
www.coronacommunity.org can help link those who need help with volunteers.
- Anthony, Nataki, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1885
- Bailey, Kim, Social Work Program Manager 910-219-1852
- Batchelor, Cathy, Income Maintenance Administrator 910-219-4521
- Child Welfare Services Support Supervisor 910-219-1854
- David, Eric, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1850
- Davis, Stephanie, Operations Support Supervisor 910-219-4921
- Douglas, Cindi, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4866
- Fenner, Nachelle, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1912
- Fletcher, Campbell, Deputy Director 910-219-1929
- Gonzalez, Agustin, Fraud/Child Care Supervisor 910-219-4821
- Green, Anita, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1804
- Heinzman, John, Child Welfare Services Support Supervisor 910-219-1956
- Hoffman, Kim, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4820
- Jackson, Loretta, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4911
- Jones, Jennifer, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1812
- Jones, Rachel, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4810
- Leach, Tondrea, Program Manager-PEERS 910-333-9725
- Nobles, Angela, Intake Supervisor 910-219-1808
- Parker, Kathy, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1848
- Pierre, Dichelot, Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1914
- Raines, Trumanda Social Work Supervisor 910-219-1924
- Robles, Angie, Program Manager-Youth Services 910-455-1202
- Sanders, Kari Director 910-219-1841
- Sholar, Kimberli Income Maintenance Administrator 910-219-4902
- Sosa, Amy, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4875
- Teachey, Katrina, Income Maintenance Supervisor 910-219-4896
- Winston, Kim, Social Work Program Manager 910-219-1854 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>