Onslow County Public Library is pleased to provide Notary Public Services free of charge.
Notary Public Services are available by appointment only Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. To request an appointment, please fill out and submit a Notary Service Appointment Request. Our notary team will be in contact with you within one business day. If you do not receive an email or call within this timeframe, please contact your preferred branch library.
Jacksonville Main Library: 910.455.7350
Richlands Branch: 910.324.5321
Sneads Ferry Branch: 910.327.6471
Swansboro Branch: 910.326.4888
In order to make the notary transaction as efficient and safe as possible, patrons must bring the following to the appointment:
- Unsigned documents to be notarized.
- Valid form of photo identification, such as a current driver's license or passport (Military IDs are not accepted for Notary Services).
- Proof of current address (if not present on ID).
- The above materials will be required for all parties involved in the notarization.
- Any witnesses needed. The Library does not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or patrons using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
The Library provides only basic Notary Public Services. There is a limit of three (3) documents to be notarized per person per visit. Each appointment is allotted 30 minutes beginning at your scheduled time. Please plan to arrive five (5) minutes prior to your schedule appointment with all needed documents, identification, and signers and/or witnesses and check in at the front desk.
Library Notaries are unable to notarize the following:
- DMV forms/vehicle titles
- Real Estate documents
- Birth/Death Certificates or copies
- Child Custody documents
Notaries Public are public officers of the State of North Carolina. Therefore, all Notaries Public at OCPL can decline to notarize a document for any reason and at any time. The submitting party understands that any information provided may be subject to the public records laws.