Mobile Home Moving Permits

It is unlawful for any person other than a mobile home manufacturer or retailer to remove or cause to be removed any mobile home without first obtaining a tax permit from the Tax Collector of the county in which the mobile home is situated.

Obtaining a Permit

Permits may obtained at the Onslow County Tax Office, Collections Division, located at 234 NW Corridor Boulevard in Jacksonville. In order to obtain a permit, any delinquent taxes plus estimated current year taxes must be paid. In the event that the mobile home was not properly listed, the home must be listed and taxes computed in order to process the permit request.

Displaying Permit

The permit must be conspicuously displayed near the license tag during transportation. Anyone who moves a home without obtaining the required permit is guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor.

Set-Up Permit
If the home is to be set up in Onslow County, a Manufactured Home Set-Up Permit from Onslow County Planning & Development will be required.