North Carolina Law requires you to have a marriage license before
you get married,
Both parties must be present to obtain the Marriage License.
Hours of Issuance
Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The online application should be completed before coming in for your license.
- Every person needs valid photo ID.
- A valid photo ID includes a Driver's License or state ID issued by a state or territory of the United States, a US military ID, or a passport
- If you have been issued a social security number, you must provide proof of your full social.
- The only acceptable documents are: social security card, W2 form, pay stub, bank documents, or military documents. No hand written documents will be accepted.
- The document MUST have the FULL social security number - not just the last four digits.
- The names on the photo ID and proof of social security number must match.
- If either party has been divorced in the past 12 months, please provide a copy of the divorce decree.
- If you are 18 or under, you must have a certified birth certificate.
- The fee is $60. No checks will be accepted for payment.
For persons under the age of 18
, please read the statute on the Lawful Age to Marry.