- Paper Size - 8½ inches by 11 inches or 8½ inches by 14 inches
- Margins - Blank margin of 3 inches at the top of the first page, blank margins of ¼ inch on remaining sides of first page and on all sides of subsequent pages.
- Font Size - Typed or printed in black on white paper in a legible font. A font size no smaller than 9 points shall be considered legible. Blanks in an instrument may be completed in pen and corrections to an instrument may be made in pen.
- Pages - One sided only.
- Instrument Type - State type of instrument at the top of first page.
- Penalty - If the above requirements are not met, the Register of Deeds shall record the document after collecting the non-standard document fee of $25 along with the recording fee. If the instrument is non-standard due to the font size being smaller than 9 points, the Register of Deeds has the discretion of considering it legible and not charging the non-standard fee.
Any document that has a letter or legal size map/plat/drawing attached MUST have the following statement UNLESS it is an original map that conforms to the mapping standards, or is a certified previously recorded plat:
"This map may not be a certified survey and has not been reviewed by a local government agency for compliance with any applicable land development regulations and has not been reviewed for compliance with recording requirements for plats."
Maps / Plats
The only size accepted for maps and plats is 18 inches by 24 inches. The original map for our office must be on mylar.