MetLife Dental Plan
Onslow County Government offers full-time employees a dental plan through MetLife Dental. It covers a percentage of basic to major dental procedures, including orthodontia for children and adults, up to a maximum of $1250 per individual, per plan year.
CoverageWe have four different levels of coverage for you to choose from when deciding your dental insurance. You may choose from the following:
- Employee Only
- Employee+ Children
- Employee+ Spouse
- Employee+ Family
| Parties Insured
| Employee only
| Employee plus children
| Employee plus spouse
| Employee plus family
Dependent EligibilityThe following dependents are eligible for enrollment:
- Your spouse
- Your (or your spouse's) dependent children till their 26th birthday, including newborn children from date of birth, stepchildren, adoptive children from date of placement for adoption, foster children from date of placement in foster home, and children for whom health benefit coverage is required under a court or administrative order.
Enrolling/Making ChangesEmployees have 30 days from the date of a qualifying life event or 30 days from their date of hire to enroll or make changes to their dental insurance policies. Otherwise, employees can only make changes during our annual open enrollment period.
Qualifying Life EventsIf you experience a qualifying life event, you must make changes to your dental policy within 30 days of the event. Qualifying events include, but are not limited to:
- Marriage, divorce, or legal separation,
- Birth or adoption (or placement of adoption) of a child,
- Death of a covered dependent
- Loss or gain of eligibility for insurance coverage for you or a covered