ONSLOW COUNTY, NC— Onslow County Government offices and services will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2017 in observance of Independence Day. Normal hours will resume Wednesday, July 5. A few exceptions and reminders are listed here:
- Albert J. Ellis Airport will operate on schedules as set by the airlines. Administrative offices will be closed.
- E911 and Emergency Medical Services will be available to respond to emergencies. Administrative offices will be closed.
- Onslow County Animal Services (OCAS) will be closed, but Animal Control officers will be available to respond to emergency calls.
- All Onslow County Landfill Convenience Sites will be closed in addition to the Main Landfill.
- Onslow County Museum will be closed July 4, but staff reminds those with family visiting for the July 4 weekend, that the Museum will be open as normal Saturday, July 1 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Onslow County Parks and Recreation administrative offices will be closed July 4, but all parks will remain open for the holiday.
- On July 4, Onslow County Parks and Recreation will host the 34th Annual Freedom Festival at Onslow Pines Park. Gates open at 2 p.m. with entertainment, games and food vendors until 9 p.m. when the fireworks display is scheduled to take place. Parks and Recreation staff recommend arriving early to avoid traffic delays. Onslow Pines Park is located at 1244 Onslow Pines Road in Jacksonville, NC. A few safety reminders: no alcohol, no pets, no firearms, no personal fireworks.
On behalf of Onslow County Government, please have a safe 4th of July.