I am military active duty. Will my wife's property be exempt?
The Military Spouses Relief Act does exempt qualifying military spouses from NC ad valorem taxes.
In order to qualify, the military spouse must provide proof of having established and maintained a domicile in the same state as the military member.
In order to receive the exemption, military spouses must provide a copy of their Dependent Military ID, the military member’s LES, and a tax return, driver’s license or other document showing proof of residency in the military member’s state of residence.

Show All Answers

1. What are the Property Tax Relief Exclusions/Exemptions that I may benefit from?
2. Do I have to apply for the Elderly or Disabled exclusion every year?
3. When is my Property Tax Relief application due?
4. How do I apply for the disabled veteran's exemption; and what are requirements?
5. Do you offer any programs to assist the elderly?
6. How do I apply for the elderly exemption?
7. How is income determined for the Elderly or Disabled Exclusion?
8. What is the age requirement for the elderly exemption?
9. Are churches automatically exempt from property taxes?
10. My church has a bus. Is it automatically exempt from taxes?
11. I am an active duty soldier. Is my property exempt?
12. My husband is a resident of N.C. but is deployed, does he owe taxes?
13. I am a disabled veteran. Can I get a discount on my vehicle taxes?
14. I am military active duty. Will my wife's property be exempt?